These five questions can help us help you.
Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E)
Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) is one of the most effective economic development programs. BR&E focuses on existing businesses, builds a trusted working relationship with them to support their expansion plans. We:
- Provide information on applicable government assistance programs, such as grants or funding;
- Help the local company access export markets through trade missions abroad. We can also make introductions to expert government agencies or Canada’s Trade Commissioners;
- Facilitate discussions, which resolve planning or regulatory impediments to expansion plans;
- Introduce local business to support networks, potential suppliers and partners, potential investors or partners.
Why is BR&E such a key focus for our team? Well, about 75% of Canada’s economic growth comes from existing businesses in the community. This makes this a priority for our team and enables us to:
- keep the pulse of the business community so we can better serve one another;
- strengthen our business attraction strategy;
- improve the local business climate.
Striving for an Abbotsford where businesses can thrive, through our BR&E initiatives, the Economic Development team has been working closely with the business community to create ground-breaking tools for businesses such as the Building Blocks Marketing Toolkit and the Business Planning Guide.
Business Improvement Areas
The Abbotsford Downtown Business Association supports and revitalizes businesses in Abbotsford’s historic downtown area. Discover more at: downtownabbotsford.com
Grow Your Business Here Now
There’s never been a better time to grow and expand your business operations in Abbotsford. The conference board of Canada is predicting a 3.2% grow this year for our community! Let us help you grow your business. CAED will:
- Help you with finding other options for site selections
- Arrange for you to tour the sites that you’ve selected
- Arrange the most appropriate meetings and connections with all the right people inside and outside our City Hall.
- We will liaise with our planning, engineering and business licencing folks to help make your vision a reality. We will help you by setting up a DIM (development information meeting) if needed with all of these folks. This will get your project off to a flying start. For more information please visit Development Inquiry Meetings for City of Abbotsford. To look for a new home to grow your business, check out our high-tech site selector prospector tool and electronically look at some options.
Abbotsford is so much more than a colourful circle. We’d love to tell you more. 604.864.5586 or complete our online form.
A Marketing Toolkit to Build Your Brand
With our user friendly marketing toolkit, you’ll have a Workbook and Guide to help you strategize, plan and execute your marketing activities. Allow these handy (and free!) tools to help you to connect the value of your product or services with the needs of your existing and potential customers. All you need to do is:
- Follow the simple Instructions
- Refer to sample documents
- Use provided templates
- Print your marketing plan
- Implement/Follow up on your plan
- Review your plan frequently
Business Planning Guide
Take your business to the next level with a well-constructed professional Business Plan! We have just the right fillable template for you. Download our free business planning step by step guide, or get in touch for a one-on-one business planning meeting.
Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce – abbotsfordchamber.com
Fraser Valley Indo Canadian Business Association – fvicba.com
BC Jobs Grant – workbc.ca/canadabcjobgrant
Small Business BC – smallbusinessbc.ca
Export Development Canada – edc.ca
Business Development Canada – bdc.ca
Community Futures South Fraser – www.southfraser.com